Saturday, February 6, 2010

Introduction

Welcome to Strike 3 - YOUR OUT of here

This blog is about my adventure of starting over for the third time at the young age of 47. Yeah right young age. I've actually decided to look at this as an adventure instead of some kind of punishment or depressing event.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very sad that my marriage has come to an end...again, but I'm not going to let it ruin my life.

I thought this time I want to do it different. I'm actually setting up my own house for the very first time and is that an experience. You find yourself needing the craziest things that you can't live without, but you never thought of until now when you don't have one, like a bathtub drain stopper  (plug) so you can take a bath.

I'm also sure that there are many more experiences (adventures) waiting around the corner so why not share them. Maybe it will help someone else who is going through this and maybe someone who as gone through a similar situation will read this and give some helpful advice.

WHAT THIS SITE ISN'T:


This is not going to be a woman or man bashing blog, a pity party, or a site to fix blame on why my divorce happened. None of these things would be very beneficial to anyone, and besides it takes two to make a marriage or break it. It's really a place to write about my experiences of starting over. To share with others and maybe, if I'm lucky, help someone else who is traveling down this same road.

HOW OFTEN WILL I POST:


I plan to post to this site a minimum of once a week. I figure I'm going to set that goal because as you'll learn I'm a terrible speller and my grammar basically sucks, so I'm going to enlist the help of some people and have them proof read my posts before I post them.

Well might not be the best introduction but at least it's something, and it's better than nothing. I hope that you will return and see what I've been up to.

somtimers

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting introduction Somtimers, I look forward to coming here and following all of the new adventures that you will no doubt have.

    A couple of other things that you may need to complete your household, other than a bathtub drain stopper, are, a dish drainer and a ceiling fan which I am sure you will no doubt figure out just Why you need them...Eventually!!

    Good luck on your new blog adventure, I am sure it will be very beneficial and entertaining to all that read it! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome comments and hope people will comment to my posts, but I do moderate the comments. If you want to constructively engage in the discussion then that's great. If you are just trying to be degrading or destructive, then don't waste my time or yours because your comment will not appear.